Makes +/- 30x straws
So for my first recipe post, I thought I would do something that is as simple to make as it is delicious. I first tried these delicious little numbers at a friends birthday bash. It is a great snack around the braai and has infinite possibilities to be changed.
1x .package of ready roll pastry
500g streaky bacon
butter, melted (optional)
seeds (optional, I used poppy seeds but you can use anything, really)
1. Preheat oven to 200’C and grease some baking pans (I used three pans)
2. Roll out pastry a little and cut lengthwise +/- 2cm strip.
3. Cut the strip in half so that you have 2x 2x10cm strips.
4. Stretch strip slightly and dip one edge (long side) in the melted butter and then into the poppy seeds.
5.Place a strip of streaky bacon on the pastry strip and twist.
6. Pinch the ends and place on the baking tray.
7. Repeat until all bacon strips are finished.
8. When pan is full, bake for 40min until pastry in golden.
Here are some pics, if anything seemed unclear…
(Roll out pastry and cut a strip)
(dip edge in butter, then into the seeds)
(place bacon onto the pastry)
(twist and pinch ends)